Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The LEGO Returns

Hello all, I'm writing again from another long hiatus. This time I will be chiming in regularly to update you on my newest cool project. My friend Steve recently completed the assembly of the LEGO General Grievous and proudly displayed it on his bookshelf. Of coarse, being the large LEGO fan that I am, I was greatly envious of his new acquisition. Upon one visit to Steve's abode I was handed a box of LEGO pieces and the instruction booklet for General Grievous LEGO model. It had fallen from his bookshelf and therefore, had shattered into quite a few pieces. Knowing how much of a fan I was to all things LEGO, he offered to give me the chance to rebuild it for him! I was ecstatic! I haven't built a large LEGO model for such a long time, I wasn't sure that I would be able to do it anymore. But I accepted and now I have two options placed before me: do I take the current chunks as they are and snap them back together, or do I take it apart piece by piece and rebuild it from bottom-up? After much deliberation, I decided to build it from the bottom up.

I brought it to work, so I do not chance losing any small pieces to the appetite of my two small children. Over the course of the last two weeks I have taken it apart piece by piece and I am finally able to start its recreation. So, over the next few weeks (since I am limited to break time, and when it is slow at work), I will be posting updates and pictures on my newfound glory.

Here is the box of all the LEGO pieces before the recreation.

3 comments:

Brian_n_Amy said...

That is awesome! Brian and I just got back from Legoland. You and your family would have LOVED it! It was our very first time going. We should all plan a trip to go.

Bryan Schmidt said...

That sounds like fun! I have never been to Legoland; it has always been a dream of mine. *sigh*

Aileen said...

I am too a big fan of Lego.!! Excited to see the pictures of finished creation.