Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Rules Rules Rules


So, I decided to begin the build today. I grabbed my box of LEGO pieces, the instruction booklets (yes, there are more than one), and my giddy 8-year-old demeanor, and skipped outside during my break. I sat down on a nice patch of Kentucky Bluegrass (or at least it smells like it's Kentucky Bluegrass), and cracked open the booklets. To my dismay and horror I was given my first ultimatum!!! The very first instruction implied that I was going to have to construct my toy on a table! What?! They have the picture of your LEGO pieces on the grass, with a big red X through it!!! Whatever happened good ol' LEGO building on the grass? Did someone poke their eye out once with a blade of grass and sued LEGO? Are they just trying to protect me? Or was it those crazy environmental dudes from D.C.? "Don't build LEGOs on grass. You'll kill the defensless organisms!" Either way, I was very disappointed. Being the obedient servant that I am, I sauntered back inside with my wares. There will be no LEGO grassing for me.

2 comments:

The Husband said...

Trust me this is not one you want to build in the outdoors. There are more than 1000 pieces in the, and many of them are very very small. Dropping them into the grass would be bad.

"The Landlord" said...

even though it makes sense to build on a table and not the grass i find it very odd that LEGO would instruct u NOT to do it on the grass... id love to see the 'how that came about' on that one!