Monday, June 29, 2009

The Base has been Completed!!!!


I know, I've taken forever... But the base of the LEGO General Grievous is now complete. At first I was disturbed that I didn't get to build the actual General Grievous, but then I realized that he did need a place to perch since his footing was never really solid. The base is pretty solid, and would most likely support the weight of the Star Destroyer model (which I want to do next). The main part of the base consists of 195 LEGO pieces, 32 of which are dedicated to the solid footings underneath. At the top, there is a swivel platform with the General's feet built right on it. The platform itself is constructed with 65 pieces, then another 96 pieces for his feet.
On a side note, I've gotten a lot of slack about capitalizing all the letters in LEGO. I would just like to note that while "Lego" would be correct, typing "LEGO" is more correct, as that was how the original trademark was captured. Yeah, I know it's just a technicality, but if you really knew me, you wouldn't be surprised that I'm such a stickler on little things like this. :)

No comments: