Monday, March 9, 2009

Something to Think About...

This semester in school I am taking a philosophy class, and it has made me start thinking more. I mean, I already thought a lot about everything, but now it's deeper. I would like to pose a few questions or parcels of thought. Feel free to comment if you'd like.

- What makes time what it is?  If time has no meaning to God, then is time only a construct of man? What would life be like without time?
- If there are other sentient beings in the universe, how much like us would they be? Language, dress, transportation, politics, religion, etc.
- There is no man-made global warming. Earth is just following it's own cycle that it has for millions of years.
- Quantum Mechanics, along with Quantum Entanglement, may explain the unexplainable: ESP, clairvoyance, twin/relational telepathy, and even distance healing.
- Does everyone see colors the same? Or do all of our brains interpret all this visual input differently?  If everyone's brain is different like a fingerprint, then I don't see why not.

Let me know your thoughts...

3 comments:

Brian_n_Amy said...

Wow Bry. That's deep! You posed some good questions though. I do think that time is man made.

I do believe that the sentient beings are exactly like us. If you think about it, man is made in the image of God not green aliens with big heads.

I agree with you on the global warming thing too.

As far as the colors thing goes, that is a very interesting thought. I don't think that we do.

Good post!

Bryan Schmidt said...

Thanks for the comment Brian or Amy, or did you both leave the comment :).

So, if man never existed, would that mean that time wouldn't exist either?

Also, I agree with you that other sentient beings in the Universe would look like us. But how do you think they would act? Culturally? Politically? Do you think maybe since they are still considered "man", do you think their instincts are the same? Do you think they love the same?

Heidi Schmidt said...

Hey Sweetie, that class has made you think really deep. I am still thinking of answers to you questions you will probably have to ask me again later