Monday, July 16, 2007

Review: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

So far, I believe, this Harry Potter film is the best of the series. They just keep getting better. I think David Yates did a great job with this film and the special effects. I hope he directs the next two as well. The action in this film was outrageous! Especially the battle between Dumbledore and Lord Voldemort: sand, glass, water and millions of other things flying around. It came pretty close to what I had imagined a long time ago what a wizard battle should look like. I would even go as far as to say that it was better than the action scene between Saruman and Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings. Throughout the entire movie there was never a dull moment. There was comedy, tragedy, drama, and tons of action. There were times when I was on the edge of my seat, then moments later I would be sitting back in contemplation or awe. Overall, whether or not you are a Harry Potter fan, or whether or not you have seen the first four preceding films or read the books, you should give this film a try.

No comments: